Last Updated on July, 2022
If you are an NBA lover, you already know who Giannis Antetokounmpo is. At the start of his career, he was a lean and 6’11’’ tall guy. But now, he is an agile-looking NBA player with big muscles.
However, today he is an inspiration to millions of youth. Every basketball lover admires him and respects him for his game ethics. Also, he’s super popular in the fitness industry. Everyone gossips about his massive transformation.
In this article, I’ll reveal the secret of his transformation: Giannis Antetokounmpo workout routine & diet plan.
So, if you are a Greek freak, aka Giannis Antetokounmpo’s fan, don’t waste time; start reading further!
Table Of Contents
- Who is Giannis Antetokounmpo?
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Body Stat
- Tips and Tricks You Should Know About Giannis Antetokounmpo Workout Routine And Diet Plan
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Diet Plan
- Type of Workouts Giannis Antetokounmpo Follow
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Workout Routine
- Final Words
Who is Giannis Antetokounmpo?
Giannis Antetokounmpo is a famous Greek professional basketball player. He currently plays in the national basketball association (NBA).
Giannis started playing basketball in his teens. In 2013, he got selected for the giant NBA team, Milwaukee Bucks. However, Giannis Antetokounmpo joined Filathilitico and that’s when he started his basketball career.
Giannis Antetokounmpo is taller, faster, and stronger than many other players. He’s mostly known as Greek Freak for his addiction to fitness.
- Giannis Finished the 2019-20 season with the highest player efficiency rating (single season) in NBA history.
- Time 100 Nomination (2021)
- NBA Champions (2021)
- NBA Finals MVP (2021)
- NBA All-Star for six times in a row (2017-2022)
- NBA Most Valuable Player two times (2019,2020)
- NBA Most Improved Player (2017)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2021)
- 6 times selection for All NBA (2017-2022)
- 5 times selection for All-Defensive (2017,2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Euroscar European Player of the Year (2018)
Giannis Antetokounmpo Body Stat
|Height||9 ft. 11 inches.|
|Weight||242.5 lbs (110 KG)|
|Bicep, Waist and Hip||24”, 32”, 38”|
Tips and Tricks You Should Know About Giannis Antetokounmpo Workout Routine And Diet Plan
Before getting into Giannis Antetokounmpo workout routine and diet plan, there are a few tips and tricks that Giannis follows. Which are-
- Stay Active. He never stops following the Giannis Antetokounmpo workout routine and diet plan. Even if it’s off-season, he follows his routine to stay in shape.
- Giannis Says, one of the best fitness advice he received was, It’s essential to stretch and take care of your injuries.
- Take rest and do injury healing activities like yoga and stretching when injured.
- Take enough rest. At least sleep for 7-8 hours at night.
- Time your rest interval during the workout.
- Always stretch after working out.
- Eat healthy foods. Always keep vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink a lot of water.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Diet Plan
In the past few years, Giannis Antetokunmpo has been super concerned about his nutrition. Earlier, he had to lose a few pounds to improve muscle mass.
From that time, he started eating healthy. However, he also loves junk and fatty foods, and sometimes he eats them too.
Giannis Antetokounmpo diet plan is a healthy combination of carbs, protein, and fat. He follows a high protein, low carb diet. However, he never cut off carbs entirely as it’s an important energy source. Also, he eats a lot of vegetables and fruits every day.
So, here is the Giannis Antetokounmpo diet plan that he follows every day:
First Meal: Breakfast
- Egg and cheese sandwich (sometimes)/ Egg sandwich
Second Meal: Snack (Morning)
- Protein shake (after the workout)
Third Meal: Lunch
- Chicken Pasta
- Steak/ground turkey
- Green Vegetables
Fourth Meal: Snack (Evening)
- Fruit smoothie
Fifth Meal: Dinner
- Lemon pepper chicken wings
- Green Vegetables
- Fish/Steaks (sometimes)
- Rice (sometimes)
Sixth Meal: Post-Dinner
- Protein Shake
- Granola Bar
Type of Workouts Giannis Antetokounmpo Follow
Giannis has to work hard on every part of his body to maintain his physique and athletic performance. Here is a list of exercises that Giannis Antetokounmpo workout includes:
Upper Body Workouts
For a basketball player, having a more muscular upper body is essential. That’s why Giannis Antetokounmpo’s workout plan includes a few exercises on the upper body.
Upper body workouts give the shoulder more strength which helps to tackle, block, protect and rebound the ball in the game. A muscular upper body will help you pass, dribble with more accuracy.
Lower Body Workouts
Lower body is also essential for playing basketball professionally. Following lower body workouts can help you create a strong and stable foundation. Also, lower body exercises promote the upper body’s resistance.
A basketball player with a stronger lower body can have advantages in defense, running faster, mobility, and better movement around the court. Having a stronger lower body can help with playing defense too.
Giannis Antetokounmpo workout routine has two specific days for lower body workouts. The workout plan includes presses, lunges, raises, and curls.
Strength training is vital for performing aggressively around the court and saving yourself from injury. Giannis Antetokounmpo workout plan includes strength training too.
He mostly does strength training exercises with an exercise ball. He does squats, pull-ups, lunges, and deadlifts to improve his strength.
Shooting training is a must for every basketball player. Being an NBA player, Giannis Antetokounmpo constantly improves his shooting and ball-handling skills.
Being an all-around player, he does free throws, multiple forms of jumps, jumpers, and layups regularly.
Game Day Workout
Giannis follows a few workouts for honing the footwork, agility, and shooting on the game day. Also, he does a few things like normatec and applying ice to the knee before the game.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Workout Routine
To have a healthy body, the Greek freak, aka Giannis, follows a strenuous workout every day. Here is how he exercises throughout the day:
Day 1 & 3: Monday & Wednesday Upper-Body
- Neck exercises (1 set)
- Standing shoulder shrug (1 set)
- Dumbbell lateral raise (1 set)
- Dumbbell front raise (2 sets)
- Seated cable row (1 set)
- Seated cable scapular retraction (1 set)
- Incline press (3 sets)
- Incline flat bench press (3 sets)
- Close grip pull up (1 set)
- Machine Pullover (1 set)
- Machine chest press (1 set)
- Incline machine chest press (1 set)
- Machine reverse flyes (1 set)
- External rotation (1 set)
- Internal rotation (1 set)
- Triceps press down (1 set)
- Cable curls (2 sets)
- Wrist flexion (1 set)
- Hand Grippe (2 sets)
- Wrist extension (1 set)
- Lat pull down (1 set)
- Machine overhead press (1 set)
- Machine row (1 set)
**Each set has 6-10 reps.
Day 2 & 4: Tuesday & Thursday Lower-Body
- Leg press (2 sets)
- Squats (2 sets)
- Romanian deadlift (2 sets)
- Reverse crunches (2 sets)
- One leg press (1 set)
- Cable side bend (2 sets)
- Standing calf raise (1 set)
- Glute-ham raise (2 sets)
- Deadlift (2 sets)
- One leg hip extension (1 set)
- The bridge on an exercise ball (1 set)
- Hip abduction (1 set)
- Lunges (2 sets)
- Leg curl on an exercise ball (1 set)
- Dumbbell step-up (1 set)
- Leg curl (1 set)
***Each set is about 6-10 reps.
Day 5 & 6: Friday & Saturday
- Cardio Exercises (sports playing, swimming, and running)
Day 7: Sunday
Other amazing celebrity physique:
Giannis Antetokounmpo workout routine and diet plan are specially made for him. He doesn’t eat a lot at the same time. That’s why he keeps eating six meals throughout the day. Then again, he follows a rigid workout routine every day.
Giannis Antetokounmpo lives a very active lifestyle even in off-seasons. That’s the secret of all his achievements. He is ideal for the youth.