Last Updated on October, 2022
Do you gain weight faster instead of losing? If yes, possibilities are you have an endomorph body type.
Many think endomorphs cannot lose weight which isn’t true! Following metabolic confusion strategically can help you to lose weight.
In this article, I will share everything about metabolic confusion for endomorphs you should know (bonuses as well).
So, do you want to learn the secret of faster weight loss for endomorphs?
Table Of Contents
- What Is the Metabolic Confusion Diet Plan?
- What is an Endomorph?
- Is the Metabolic Confusion Diet Effective Enough to Lose Weight?
- Does Metabolic Confusion Diet Work for Endomorphs?
- How Does Endomorph Lose Weight?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Metabolic Confusion Diet for Endomorph
- Calorie Shifting Diet Vs. Metabolic Confusion Diet Vs. Carb Cycling: Controversy Revealed
- Things to Consider Before Making a Meal Plan for Endomorph
- Ideal Meal Plan for Endomorph (With Calorie Intake)
- Bonus: The Shopping List for Metabolic Confusion Endomorph Diet
- Foods to Avoid for Endomorph Diet
- Best Exercises for Endomorph
- My Experience With Metabolic Confusion Meal Plan as an Endomorph (Short Summary)
- Final Words
What Is the Metabolic Confusion Diet Plan?
Metabolic confusion is a unique eating pattern where you frequently change your total calorie intake on a day to day basis to confuse your metabolism. This way, your body burns more calories and improves metabolic rate. (1)
Metabolic confusion is a calorie restriction diet like intermittent fasting. On low-calorie days, our body melts more fat to gain more energy.
Continuous cycling ultimately leads to faster fat loss and weight loss.
What is an Endomorph?
Basically, people with a rounded body shape have an endomorph body type. To be honest, it’s not their fault. It’s a body type they are born with.
How to Know if You Are Endomorph?
There are a few common features of endomorphs. Which are:
- Medium to Large and curvier body structure
- Mostly Round shape or full-figured
- Have narrow shoulders and wide hips
- More body fat
- Lesser muscle mess
- Insulin Resistance
- Tend to gain more weight than others
- Larger waist and thighs
- Carry a lot weight in the lower abdomen area
- Slower Metabolism
- Risk of prediabetic
Being straightforward, losing weight is quite challenging for endomorphs. But it’s not impossible.
If an endomorph, ecto-endomorph, or meso-endomorph:
- Exercise regularly
- Fix their eating habits
- Follow diet plans (such as calorie deficit diets)
Then losing weight faster is just a matter of time.
Other Body Types
Besides endomorph, there are some other body types, you should know:
- Ectomorph: Long, lean, lower body fat and doesn’t gain weight easily.
- Mesomorph: Strong, active, athletic, and requires more protein. They can see faster weight loss than others.
- Ecto-Mesomorphs: Lean, agile, and muscular looking. Most fitness models.
- Meso-Endomorphs: Hybrid body type where people tend to have mesomorph or endomorph characteristics.
- Ecto-Endomorphs: When ectomorphs gain too much weight because of their eating habits or other bad habits, they become ecto-endomorphs.
Is the Metabolic Confusion Diet Effective Enough to Lose Weight?
The metabolic confusion diet plan is a pretty famous diet program. It’s mostly known as the calorie shifting diet and calorie restriction diet.
While following a metabolic confusion diet plan, you must focus more on your total calories intake.
You have to count how many calories you have and keep it lower (around 2000 calories) as it’s a low-calorie diet.
It’s a great diet when it comes to losing weight faster. Many people have seen better results from calorie confusion diets as I did.
Related: The metabolic typing diets
Does Metabolic Confusion Diet Work for Endomorphs?
The most significant disadvantage for people with Endomorphs is they have SLOWER METABOLISM.
That’s why, instead of converting calories into energy, it stores fat and causes weight gain.
Now the question arises, can metabolic confusion diets really confuse an endomorph’s metabolism?
Well, YES, it can!
For people with endomorph body, metabolic confusion really works!
This is also known as one of the best endomorph diets.
However, if an endomorph wants to induce metabolic confusion, s/he has to focus more on low carb intake, aka carb cycling.
Why Carb Cycling?
People with an endomorph body type cannot turn carbohydrates into energy efficiently. That’s why instead of fat loss, they start gaining excess fat.
For this reason, an endomorph should focus more on protein, good fats, and low carbs only.
How Does Endomorph Lose Weight?
As you already know, people with endomorphs lose weight slowly. It’s the reason why they gain weight faster.
That’s why losing weight faster is quite challenging for endomorphs. But, here, consistency is the key.
If an endomorph focuses more on:
- Low-calorie intake.
- Low carb intake.
- Follows a high-intensity exercise program like the metabolic workout.
Then She/he will lose weight and get back to a healthy shape.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Metabolic Confusion Diet for Endomorph
Calorie Shifting Diet Vs. Metabolic Confusion Diet Vs. Carb Cycling: Controversy Revealed
Most people get confused about these three diets for weight loss. Many think all these diets are entirely different than one another.
To break the controversy and make things simple, here are a few things you should know!
Metabolic Confusion & Calorie Shifting
Metabolic confusion and calorie shifting are the same things. It’s more like metabolic confusion is a FANCY name of calorie shifting.
Where does this ‘metabolic confusion’ name come from?
Basically, calorie shifting is a diet where you will consume low calorie intake for 5-6 days and high calorie intake once or twice a week.
Carb Cycling is quite the same as metabolic confusion. But in carb cycling, instead of calories, you have to calculate your total carb intake.
You can follow low carb diets like keto or other low carb diets for five days, and you can have two high carb days.
On high-carb days, you have to exercise more. Whereas, on low-carb days, you can do some cardio or no exercise at all.
Things to Consider Before Making a Meal Plan for Endomorph
As you already know, endomorphs tend to store fat faster than others. For faster fat loss, we have to avoid fattening food and carbohydrates.
That’s why you have to choose food intake that doesn’t have high fat and consume more foods rich in protein.
Also, to avoid weight gain and increase resting metabolic rate, you have to go for a 5-6 days low carb or no-carb diet.
You can have 2-2.5 gm carbs for every pound of your body weight on high carb days.
For example, someone with 177 pounds body weight can consume 354 – 442.5 grams of carbohydrate on high carb days.
Ideal Meal Plan for Endomorph (With Calorie Intake)
Many popular diets are available when it comes to caloric deficit diet plans. But, for endomorphs, the metabolic confusion diet with lower carbs is the best option. (2)
However, a regular metabolic confusion diet plan doesn’t focus on lowering carbs as carb cycling does.
That’s why people with endomorph body require a different approach. Besides calorie consumption, they should also focus on low carb consumption.
So, here is a sample endomorph diet you can follow. This is the meal plan I have followed as well.
Day 1 (Low Calorie, Low Carb Day)
- 1 Whole Wheat Bread – 92 calories, Protein 3 grams, Carbs 17 grams, Fat 2 grams
- 2 Scrambled Eggs – 182 calories, Protein 14 grams, Fat 15 grams
- 1 Glass Of Skim Milk– 66 calories, Protein 6.6 grams, Fat 0.4 grams
- Two middle-sized Apple – 190 calories
- Mixed Green Salad – 2 cups – 18 calories
- Grilled Salmon – 200 grams – 342 calories
- ½ serving almond (11 pcs) – 77 calories
- Low fat greek yogurt – 146 Calories, Protein 20 grams, fat 3.8 grams, Carbs 7.8 grams
- Turkey Tacos – 1 wrap – 270 calories
- Sauteed Mixed Vegetable – 100 grams – 81 calories
Total- 1464 calories
Day 2 (Low Calorie+Low Carb Diet)
- ¼ cup steel cut oats with 1 tbsp. Peanut butter and ⅓ serving hazelnut– 332 calories
- One large Pear – 131 calories
- Chicken Steak – 165 calories
- ½ cup brown rice – 108 calories (22 carbs)
- Vegetable soup (1 cup) – 98 calories
- Two medium-sized apples – 190 calories
- Tuna steak – 132 calories
- Sauteed mixed vegetable – 160 calories
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter – 94 calories
Total – 1410 calories
Day 3 – Low Calorie+Low Carb Days
- Whole Wheat bread two slices (24 gram carbs) – 138 calories
- 2 Poached eggs – 142 calories
- One glass of skim milk – 83 calories
- Curried chicken apple wrap – 243 calories
- Vegetable soup – 98 calories
- Greek yogurt with almonds – 121 calories
- Fish taco with avocado – 350 calories
Total- 1165 calories
Day 4 Low-Calorie Day/Low Carb Day
- One egg roll – 157 calories
- Green tea – 2 calories
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter – 94 calories
- One slice whole-wheat bread – 69 calories
- Chicken Salad – 318 calories
- ½ bowl clear soup – 38 calories
- One glass of skim milk – 66 calories.
- Honey Garlic Salmon – 257 calories
Total – 1001 calories
Day 5 – Low Calorie, Low Carb Day
- Three egg calories – 282 calories
- ¼ avocado – 81 calories
- ¼ cup steel cut oats with fruits and nuts – 200 calories
- Fluffy quinoa with chicken and chopped vegetables – 445 calories
- One sweet potato – 112 calories
- Chicken grilled breast – 240 calories
- 1 cup cauliflower rice – 28 calories
Total – 1388 calories
Day 6- High Calorie+High Carb Day
- ¼ cup of steel cut oats with nuts and raspberry – 200 calories
- One boiled egg – 78 calories
- Low fat milk – 110 calories
- Cottage cheese with almond – 105 calories
- Two scoops Protein Shake – 180 calories
- Turkey Steak – 330 calories
- Mashed potato – 44 calories
- ½ bowl clear soup – 37.5 calories
- Apple with peanut butter – 270 calories
- Large salmon steak – 468 calories
- 1 cup brown rice – 216 calories
Total – 2039 calories
Day 7 – High calorie days/ High Carb Days
- Two egg omelets with cheese – 281 calories
- Two whole-wheat bread – 138 calories
- 3 Oat Crackers with Peanut butter (1 tbsp) – 200 calories
- One glass of Skim Milk – 66 calories
- Chickpea curry – 178 calories
- Brown rice (1 cup) – 216 calories
- ½ serving of greek salad – 200 calories
- Snickers Marathon Protein Bar (80 grams) – 331 calories
- Baked Potato with whole chicken breast – 384 calories
- ½ serving of cauliflower rice – 14 calories
Total – 2008 calories
Worth reading: Broccoli and chicken diet
Bonus: The Shopping List for Metabolic Confusion Endomorph Diet
You can follow this in-depth list when ready to pursue the metabolic confusion diet. This shopping list will help you to get the right items:
- Brown Rice
- Steel Cut Oats
- Whole Wheat Bread
- White Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Squash (Acorn/Butternut)
- Green Peas
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Black beans
- Snow Peas
- Sweet Corns
- Nut and Seed Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Macadamia Nuts
- All kinds of citrus fruits
- Other white meat sources
- Other Omega 3 rich Fishes
- Fat free Greek Yogurt
- Skim milk
- Low-fat cottage cheese
Other Protein sources
- Kidney Beans
- Olive Oil
- Canola Oil
- Avocado Oil
Foods to Avoid for Endomorph Diet
Endomorphs are sensitive to carbohydrates. That’s why avoiding carbohydrates as much as you can is a must! Besides this, there are a few more things that you should consider.
- White Rice
- White Bread
- Baked foods
- All sorts of soft and sports drinks
- Fatty foods
- Fat-rich dairy products
- Red meat
Best Exercises for Endomorph
For people with endomorph body types, exercise is essential! Exercises help to improve metabolic rate and fat loss.
While exercising, we burn more calories and fat as well. Exercise also improves muscle mass. People who follow calorie cycling should often exercise for losing weight faster. (3)
For people with an endomorph body, two types of exercise work best. Which are:
HIIT or exercise programs like metabolic workout may help you to burn 600 (or more) calories while exercising and more while resting.
My Experience With Metabolic Confusion Meal Plan as an Endomorph (Short Summary)
Being a 91 kg (200 Pounds) girl with an endomorph body type, losing weight wasn’t easy for me.
Following a caloric deficit diet is tough! The varying calories every day wasn’t easy for me. On low calorie days, I used to feel dizzy at the beginning. Also, tracking the number of calories isn’t that easy as well.
However, all the struggle and hard work was worth it.
The metabolic confusion meal plan really helped me lose weight healthily. I lost around 2.5 kg weight in 17 days.
Exercise Plan I Followed
Meals were essential, but exercise is also necessary for faster and healthier weight loss. Without workouts, you won’t see better/permanent results.
I followed two types of exercises in a week. Which are:
- Metabolic workout
As I was taking a low number of calories for five days a week, I did cardio (mostly jogging & running). On the other two days, the high calorie days, I followed the metabolic workout.
The metabolic confusion meal plan really works for endomorphs. For endomorphs, losing weight is tough.
But, as I said earlier, it’s not impossible. This in-depth guide will help you get back to healthy shape faster!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?