Last Updated on May, 2022
When it comes to diet plans, to be honest, there are a Ton of them out there, each of which is different from one another.
And Chicken And Broccoli Diet Plan is one of them. You might’ve already heard this name, and that’s probably the reason you’re here. This diet plan has made a name for itself out in the wild (I mean the Internet).
Especially more and more celebrities and professional athletes are getting into this Chicken And Broccoli Diet Plan. But is it really that effective?
To find out, I decided to give this diet a shot. Before this, I was on the verge of following another diet plan, but I thought, why not anyway. So I ate nothing but chicken and Broccoli for a full 10 days, and in this article, I’ll share each and every bit of my experience.
So, if you’re looking to follow this diet, ALL this information can help you decide whether or not the Chicken And Broccoli diet is worth giving a shot.
Table Of Contents
- Chicken And Broccoli Diet, What Is It?
- Recipes For Chicken And Broccoli Diet
- The Diet Plan Of Chicken And Broccoli
- Does Chicken And Broccoli Diet Really Promote Weight Loss? (My Results With This Diet)
- Pros And Cons Of Chicken And Broccoli Diet
- What Will I Recommend Instead Of Chicken And Broccoli Diet?
- Closing Thoughts
Chicken And Broccoli Diet, What Is It?
Before we go in deep, it’s important that you know what this diet is. So let’s start from the basics.
First, the Chicken And Broccoli Diet first came to light from the bodybuilding world. So, YES! hardcore bodybuilders are the ones who invented this diet plan. (1)
And as the name suggests, the Chicken And Broccoli Diet primarily means that you eat chicken and Broccoli but nothing else through and through. These two are the 02 major ingredients and, most importantly, will be your main source of nutrition for the next 10 to 14 days.
Speaking of days, the Chicken And Broccoli Diet is a relatively SHORT term diet. Following this diet for just 10 to 14 is more than enough.
However, it does not mean you cannot follow it for more than 14 days. The best way to describe it is if you can stick to the diet, you can keep going with it even for a month, no problem. But if it does not work for you, there is no point in sticking to it.
However, when it comes to the Chicken And Broccoli Diet, it’s important to be a bit cautious, and I wouldn’t recommend you to follow this diet for more than a month (keep reading to why!).
This diet, from what I’ve experienced, can help you to lose weight. However, I’m not the only one who’s saying that. Nutritionists too claim this diet can help you lose weight. Not only that, but they also claim that you can see results with just minimal exercise.
Related: what is fat protein efficient
There are also claims that this diet can also help build muscle.
Because chicken, especially chicken breast, is considered lean meat, it has an adequate source of lean protein. That, combined with Broccoli which is low in calories, provides you with a diet that is high in protein, low in carb, low in fat, and less caloric.
Once all these sources are combined, you are also provided with a diet that is enough for your body to function in a healthy way and improve your overall health. Either way, let’s take a look at the Chicken and Broccoli diet nutrients. (2)
Chicken Breast (100g)
- Calories: 165 kcal
- Proteins: 32g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Vitamin B 6 (30% Daily Rate)
Broccoli (1 cup/ 90g)
- Calories: 31 kcal
- Water: 89%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Vitamin C 90% Daily Rate
- Vitamin A 19% Daily Rate
- Vitamin K 77% Daily Rate
- Folate 14% Daily Rate
- Iron 4-6% Daily Rate
The Chicken And Broccoli Diet, As you can see, clearly provides you with plenty of essential vitamins, minerals, and protein. But there is a downside to all this, that is the consumption of very low fiber and pretty much zero carbs.
And, by the way, if you don’t know, the Chicken And Broccoli Diet does not encourage the use of carbs. However, some nutritionists suggest that you can add some Carbohydrate healthy foods such as brown rice or noodles into your diet.
Revolutionary 16-Week Fitness Plan
Noom works and millions agree that it works, be it losing weight or just getting fit. Why not claim the 7-day free trial and check it out for yourself?
Recipes For Chicken And Broccoli Diet
Eating chicken and Broccoli every time and every day can be quite frustrating. This is one main reason that most, if not all, people who decide to follow this diet tend to give up within a few days.
Quite frankly, who can eat only chicken and Broccoli pretty much every day?
This is also a reason why nutritionists recommend adding brown rice or noodles into the diet. However, this is not the only way to enjoy this Chicken And Broccoli Diet.
See, chicken can be cooked in almost every way. You can roast it, boil it, fry it or even make a soup out of it. And Broccoli, on the other hand, is very much the same. Stir-frying, steaming or even microwaving can make it tasty.
Healthy Chicken Breast And Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: 1 pound (455g), CUT INTO BITE-SIZED PIECES.
- Olive Oil Or Grapeseed Oil: 1 Tablespoon (15ml).
- Medium Onion, Minced: ½.
- Large Cloves Garlic, Minced: 2.
- Fresh Minced Ginger: 1 Tablespoon (15ml).
- Soy Sauce: 1 Tablespoon (15ml).
- Sesame Seed Oil: 1 Teaspoon (5ml).
- Rice Vinegar: 2 Teaspoons (10ml).
- Hot Sauce: 2 Teaspoons (10ml) OPTIONAL.
- Fresh Broccoli: 1/4 pound (113g), CUT INTO SMALL FLORETS. (3)
- Heat a large pan. Once in perfect temp, add oil. Then, add garlic and onions and cook until they are translucent. Once done, put in the chicken and minced ginger. Cook until the chicken turns partially brown (A minute is enough).
- Now, add the other ingredients, sesame oil, hot sauce, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Once added, keep cooking until the chicken is sufficiently cooked.
- Finally, add the Broccoli along with 1 or 2 additional Tablespoons of water and stir it well. Then, cover the pan and let the broccoli steam until it is tender (A minute is enough).
Healthy Broccoli & Chicken Soup
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil: 2 Tablespoons.
- Medium Onion, Diced: ½.
- Medium Carrots, Peeled And Finely Chopped: 2.
- Chicken Stock: 5 Cups.
- Worcestershire Sauce: 2 Teaspoons.
- Cooked Chicken, Cubed Or Shredded: 1 Cup.
- Broccoli Florets: 1/2 Pound, CUT INTO BITE-SIZED PIECES.
- Kosher Or Sea Salt, To Taste.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste. (4)
- Medium-high heat a stockpot and add olive oil into it. Once it’s perfectly heated, put in the carrot and onion and cook for about 3 minutes until the onions are translucent and soft.
- Add in the chicken stock, cooked chicken and Worcestershire sauce. Once added, bring it to a gentle boil and turn down the heat, then simmer for around 3 minutes. Next, toss in the Broccoli and simmer until the Broccoli is tender or for minutes. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
One-Skillet Chicken and Broccoli (For Dinner)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1 Tablespoon.
- Boneless And Skinless Chicken Breasts: 1 pound (455g), CHOPPED INTO LARGE BITE-SIZED PIECES.
- Broccoli Florets: 2 cups.
- Garlic Cloves Minced: 2.
- Yellow Onion Chopped: 1/2 cup.
- Celery Sliced: 1/2 cup.
- Chicken Broth Or Water: 1/4 cup.
- Kosher Or Sea Salt: 1/4 Teaspoon.
- Black Pepper: 1/4 Teaspoon.
- Coconut Aminos: 1/4 Cup.
- Vegetable Sriracha: 2 Tablespoons. (5)
- Medium heat a skillet and add olive oil. Once done, add the chicken and cook it until it turns brown on all sides (for about 8 minutes). Then, take out the chicken and keep it aside. Once done, add Broccoli and sauté until it becomes partially tender. Take out the Broccoli and keep it aside.
- Next, add the celery and onion to the skillet. Cook the onion until it is translucent and the celery until it’s softened (around 5 to 8 minutes). Add the garlic and cook it for around 30-seconds. Once done, add the chicken broth or water, the chicken and the Broccoli back into the skillet along with pepper and salt. Finally, cook everything thoroughly for 5 minutes.
- For the sauce, whisk the ingredients together and put them into the pan in the last seconds of the cooking time.
The Diet Plan Of Chicken And Broccoli
As I mentioned already, the Chicken And Broccoli Diet is a 10-day plan. Of course, you can follow it for longer if you want, but you can see the result you were craving within these 10 days by following this diet plan. (6)
This plan will help you sort everything from what to eat to how much to eat for this diet.
Day 1 and 2
- Unsweetened Black Tea: 1 cup.
- Whole Wheat Bread: 50g.
- Cooked Broccoli: 200g.
- Cooked Broccoli: 100g.
- Chicken Soup: 250ml.
- Cooked Chicken: 150g.
- Unsweetened Black Tea: 1 cup.
- 250g Of Broccoli: It should be only cooked with salt.
Day 3 and 4
- 200g of Broccoli: should be cooked with olive oil. Bell peppers and garlic can be added if needed.
- 50g of chicken breast cooked with 150g of Broccoli: everything should be cooked with olive oil along with 2 medium tomatoes and one medium onion.
- Should consume the same food that you ate for breakfast.
Day 5 and 6
- 100g Cooked Chicken Breasts.
- 100g Of Cooked Broccoli Salad.
- All With 2 Teaspoons Of Low Fat Soured Milk.
- 200g of Broccoli: should be boiled in salted water.
- Whole Wheat Bread: 1 slice.
- 150g cooked chicken breast.
- Low fat soured milk: 1 cup.
Day 7 and 8
- 2 Boiled Eggs.
- Cooked Broccoli: 100g.
- Unsweetened Black Tea: 1 Cup.
- Cooked Chicken: 150g.
- Cooked Broccoli: 100g.
- Chicken Soup: 250ml (can be salted partially).
- Cooked Broccoli: 250g.
- Unsweetened Black Tea: 1 Cup.
Day 9 and 10
- Broccoli: 100g (Partially Salted).
- Two Boiled Carrots.
- Chicken (Cooked): 100g.
- Broccoli Salted: 100g.
- Whole Wheat Bread: 1 Slice.
- Cooked Broccoli With A Pinch Of Salt: 200g.
- Cooked Potato: 1.
Does Chicken And Broccoli Diet Really Promote Weight Loss? (My Results With This Diet)
At the very beginning of this article, I said that I’d share my experiences with this Chicken And Broccoli Diet. And here it is.
As I mentioned earlier, I thoroughly followed this diet for a full 10 days. The diet plan above is what I used throughout the 10 days and never touched anything else. And the results were great; I lost 4 pounds which I was not expecting at all, but not without its fair share of problems.
As you may already know, this diet is extremely low in carbs. I mean, it’s basically zero. And the effects of it were starting to catch up. First, this diet took a toll on my energy levels, and second, it completely changed my mindset. I was very lazy and unmotivated. (7)
Even then, I kept on going and somehow got through day 10, and my oh my, that feeling. The experience was unique, and I was happy to see some results.
But the takeaway is that I’ve never felt that shitty and uncomfortable inside throughout my whole life. Plus, the lack of variety caught on very fast, and I found the diet repetitive.
Pros And Cons Of Chicken And Broccoli Diet
Every diet plan has its ups and downs, and the Chicken And Broccoli Diet is no exception. Here are some of the pros and cons you can expect from this diet.
- It surely promotes weight loss.
- Being on a low-carb diet can help you to lose a lot of water weight.
- Broccoli helps in maintaining low blood sugar, prevents constipation, and aids in digestion. It also provides some vitamins and minerals to the body too.
- The Chicken and Broccoli diet does not allow you to eat any type of junk food or desserts, which is great because it takes out the calories that are empty and provide no nutrition at all.
- The diet can get very boring and repetitive because you’ll be eating just two food items for every meal. Even when there are various ways to cook chicken and Broccoli.
- Due to the diet being low carb, there is a chance where you can gain all the weight you’ve lost once you get back to your regular diet.
- It might not provide you with enough nutrients for a healthy diet.
- The diet fails to provide you with a proper supply of the everyday value needed to support a healthy digestive system and blood sugar levels.
- For proper energy and optimal brain function, it is recommended to have at least a small amount of carbs in your day to day meals. But being on a low carb diet, you’ll be missing out on it.
- Diets like this can lead to higgledy-piggledy eating patterns and binge eating.
What Will I Recommend Instead Of Chicken And Broccoli Diet?
While there are several other alternative diets to the Chicken And Broccoli Diet, I found this program particularly interesting. This was the new diet plan I was about to start before actually getting into the Chicken And Broccoli Diet.
Because the Chicken And Broccoli Diet failed to work for me, I decided to start this diet program after a week.
Metabolic Cooking is the name of this diet plan. Basically, it’s a cookbook with over 250+ recipes that feel night and day compared to the Chicken And Broccoli plan.
There are more than just two foods in this diet, and all of them work on boosting your natural metabolism, which helps you to lose weight. Metabolic Cooking claims to work in harmony with your body’s natural process.
The recipes in this cookbook are extremely easy to prepare. I’m fairly new to this program and have just tried out a few recipes that are all super delicious and take less than 30 minutes to prepare, which is great for people with strict schedules.
I recommend you check out Metabolic Cooking if you’re interested in trying out something different.
Chicken and Broccoli Diet can be great for weight loss, But I’m sure I would say the same for health. This plan, if followed for a short period of time, can provide you with some fancy results, but the limitations are what concerns me.
Not to mention the lack of nutrients it provides for a more balanced diet.
And because of the consumption of chicken and Broccoli for a longer period of time, there is also a risk of which the diet can lead to disordered eating patterns and binging.
Anyways, I’m not here to judge you whether or not to follow this diet. However, if you’re thinking of giving the Chicken And Broccoli Diet a go, I recommend you to add some more variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains for a more balanced weight loss journey.
Make sure to consult a qualified nutritionist and discuss more about this diet before actually getting into it.
Is The Chicken And Broccoli Diet Healthy?
Eating Both Chicken and Broccoli normally is healthy. Because they contain iron, which helps fight off blood disease, promote brain health, and allow your muscles to function properly. But it’s a different ball game when you actually make these two foods your only meal. The Chicken And Broccoli Diet can be healthy if you follow it for a short period of time. However, following it as a long term diet is not recommended because it overlooks crucial fibre and nutrients from your everyday intake.
- Family Friendly Recipes
- Extremely Easy to Prepare Meals With Step By Step Directions
- Helps to Lose Weight and Improve Your Overall Health Effortlessly
- Suitable for any Gender (Doesn’t Matter About the Age)
- Get the BEST PRICE until the end of January